U-Media Supports Release of Online Manual for Local Journalists
August 28 – The Pylyp Orlyk Institute for Democracy (POID) held a presentation at Ukrinform in Kyiv about an online manual for journalists called “Manual for Local Media: How Regional Journalists Should Work Within a Challenging Period of Crisis in Democracy.” Fifteen media experts, journalists, educators, and representatives of international organizations attended the presentation.
The manual is available on the POID’s website and contains five chapters:
• Local media as watchdogs of democracy;
• Professional standards for local media in the period of new media;
• Regional media as stages for advertising and PR;
• Local media’s audience: between expectations and achievements;
• Local media in the open communication environment.
The authors of the manual, who spoke at the presentation, were:
• Svitlana Yeremenko – executive director, POID;
• Olena Ivanova – professor of social communications and dean of the faculty of journalism, Odesa I. Mechnikov National University;
• Natalia Steblyna – coordinator of POID media monitoring experts in Odesa and docent of the department for media communications, Odesa I. Mechnikov National University.
More on the POID’s website in Ukrainian.